Please come visit me : http://mmjustus.com/

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Website TK

Well. I do wish working with computers came more naturally to me. Some aspects do. I’m terrific at learning new programs easily and quickly, and I have more of a concept of how to make a computer work than I do, say, an automobile. Not that the latter is saying much – I know gas goes in one end of a car and oil in the other, and where to take it when it misbehaves.

Which, in some ways, is more than I know when the software refuses to cooperate on my computer, after all. Hardware, yes. I know where to go when the hardware goes belly-up. A small local company called Angel Computers (a wonderfully apt name) has been taking care of my hardware needs ever since I quit relying on my 1000-mile distant brother-in-law for the purpose a number of years ago.

It’s the software everything-but-using-it that’s the battle. From my point of view, a car doesn’t have software (although I know it has a computer). Maybe that’s the real issue.

All this to say that I’ve spent most of the last three days emailing back and forth with my ISP getting the trial run of my website to actually publish. And, at last, it does. Now I just need to design and build the actual page and put the content on it. Why do I feel like that’ll be a piece of cake compared to just getting out onto the web? And why do I feel like a rock climber who needs to keep three of my hands and feet on the cliff at all times?

Website address TK as soon as there’s something to read there. TK? I was a newspaper proofreader in a former life, and read display ads for a living for about three years. TK was what we put in the blank spots while waiting patiently for the sales staff to provide graphics for the finished ad. No, I don’t know why it’s TK and not TC that means to come, but it does.

So. Website TK. Soon, darnit. And next time we’ll have some real content here, too. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment